Owens OutComm Student Media

Owens OutComm Student Media

Owens OutComm Student Media

Hailey Bechtels Custom Text Project for CRT 115, Ch 2, will be in the next SILO!
Celebrating Creativity
April 30, 2024
The Silo Volume 3
The Silo Volume 3
April 29, 2024
An Examination: Indian Boarding Schools
An Examination: Indian Boarding Schools

A day of music, art and celebration at Express Fest

May starts with vibrancy in the courtyard of the Center for Fine and Performing Arts building
Bridgette Wells
The courtyard for the Center for Fine and Performing Arts building will be the site for Express Fest, a free, day-long event set for Wednesday, May 1, 2024, from 11 am until 6:30 pm.

“The most amazing part is that every music group performing consists of one current or former Owens student,” said Aidan Fischer, a student organizer for a day of music, art, and celebration to take place outdoors on the Owens Community College Toledo-Area Campus.

Express Fest is an outdoor event planned by the Owens Community College Student Arts Commission and presented in the courtyard of the Center for Fine and Performing Arts building, Wednesday, May 1, 2024.

Aiden Fischer and Adam Maenle are two of a number of student-members of the commission that organized the event.

“I am most excited to see these groups play and enjoy the event with the awesome team that has worked so hard to put this together,” said Fischer.

Promoted as a music and arts festival, Express Fest features a day of live performances, interactive games, and creative showcases. The event gets underway at 11 am with attendees given an opportunity to experience the talent and energy of Owens students and alumni in a lively and festive atmosphere, until 6:30 that evening.

Express Fest lists a lineup of live performances from Owens’ talented musicians, such as Robbie Clark, Adrian, Finn Jacobs, Foxing Day, Highbinder, Novik, Erie, and Gut Feeling. Each music act performing has at least one current or former Owens Community College student on their roster.

The music and arts festival showcases diverse musical styles and genres. Whether you are a fan of indie rock, alternative, pop, or country, there is a music act performing that you will enjoy.

Maenle, is also slated to perform at Express Fest. “There are so many great artists on the bill, I can’t wait to be a part of it!” He will perform with three bands, each offering a unique musical experience.

“Foxing Day is an indie rock band that plays a wide range of styles — punk, indie folk, ska,” Maenle said. “Erie is a cover band that plays rock, pop, and country hits from the 60s through now.” He added, “Gut Feeling is an alternative rock band from Toledo that blends 90s shoegaze and indie with modern emo,”.

Express Fest headliner Gut Feeling will perform at 6 pm.

In addition to the music lineup, attendees can look forward to a complimentary meal from the Falafel King food truck. 150 free meals will be available to Owens Community College students while supplies last.

The festival will also feature interactive games provided by Owens Community College Student Life Office.

Fischer and Maenle expressed their enthusiasm for the festival. “I’m most excited to see all my friends for one last celebration before graduation and to watch all of the artists. I’m also excited to get a meal from the Falafel King food truck,” said Maenle.

Express Fest admission is free and the event is open to the public.

As May begins, Owens Community College students, friends and family will experience the talent and creativity of Express Fest.