Owens OutComm Student Media

Owens OutComm Student Media

Owens OutComm Student Media

Celebrating Creativity

The Silo Volume III Showcases Owens Community College Talent
Hailey Bechtel’s Custom Text Project for CRT 115, Ch 2, will be in the next SILO!

The Humanities and Fine Arts Departments at Owens Community College are thrilled to unveil the latest edition of The Silo, a dynamic creative work journal featuring submissions from students and alumni. This online flipbook serves as a vibrant showcase of the diverse talents within the Owens community, highlighting a range of artistic expressions including stories, poems, and artwork. As Volume III prepares for its much-anticipated release on April 30, 2024, excitement is building for another edition brimming with creativity and innovation.

The Silo represents a collaborative effort between students and faculty, with contributors working closely with Owens Community College professors to refine their creative works before publication. From budding writers to seasoned artists, The Silo welcomes submissions from individuals of all backgrounds and disciplines, providing a platform for their voices to be heard and their talents to be celebrated.

Volume III of The Silo follows in the footsteps of its predecessors, Volume I and Volume II, which captivated audiences with their mix of prose, poetry, and visual art. Each edition reflects the unique perspectives and experiences of Owens students and alumni, offering a glimpse into the rich tapestry of creativity that thrives within the college community.

As The Silo Volume III prepares to make its debut, aspiring contributors should be gearing up for Volume IV. Important dates for the 2024/25 edition have been announced, with submissions due by January 17, 2025. People of all ages, cultures, abilities, and identities are encouraged to submit their work, ensuring that The Silo continues to be a vibrant reflection of Owens’ diverse and inclusive community.

The Silo is more than just a publication; it’s a testament to the power of creativity to inspire, connect, and transform lives. Through its pages, readers are invited to explore the boundless imagination of Owens students and alumni, gaining insight into their unique perspectives and talents. As Volume III prepares to take center stage, the legacy of The Silo continues to grow, leaving an indelible mark on the Owens community and beyond.

To learn more about The Silo and to submit your work for Volume IV, visit The Silo website and join us in celebrating the vibrant creativity of Owens Community College.