Owens OutComm Student Media

Owens OutComm Student Media

Owens OutComm Student Media

The Silo Volume 3
The Silo Volume 3
April 29, 2024
Celebrating Creativity
Celebrating Creativity

Unleashing Young Talent

Creativity flows for ‘Passages’ Juried High School Exhibition

In a celebration of youthful artistic expression, the Owens Community College Center for Fine and Performing Arts Department is pleased to host the highly anticipated High School Juried Art Show “Passages.”

The exhibition promises to be a vibrant tapestry of creativity, showcasing the talents of local high school students.

“Passages” will be on display February 2 through March 29, 2024, in the Rotunda of the Center for Fine and Performing Arts building on the Owens Community College Toledo-area Campus. A reception will be held Friday, February 2, beginning at 6 pm.

More than an art show, “Passages” promises an immersive experience, offering the community a unique opportunity to witness the dynamic creativity of young talent.

A distinguished panel of Visual Arts Faculty from Owens Community College have a pivotal role in shaping the event, meticulously jurying the submitted artworks.

During the reception, winners will be announced from various categories, including Fine Art, Photography, Commercial Art, and Video/Animation. And the coveted Owens Community College “Passages” Merit Award will be presented. The Merit Award stands as a beacon for outstanding talent. First, second, and third-place winners will be honored with merit awards applicable toward tuition at Owens Community College, providing a significant boost to defray their educational expenses.

“Passages” is a journey into the boundless realms of young creativity, poised to leave an indelible mark on our community.

To learn more about the exhibition, contact [email protected]. Visit the “Passages” exhibit February 2 through March 29, 2024.