Toledo Art Loop

The Toledo Arts Commission holds the the exploratory Art Loop every third Thursday of each month.

Gathered+Glassblowing+Studio+artist+demonstrating++glass+blowing+++
Back to Article
Back to Article

Toledo Art Loop

Gathered Glassblowing Studio artist demonstrating  glass blowing

Gathered Glassblowing Studio artist demonstrating glass blowing

Photo by Mya Polsdorfer

Photo by Mya Polsdorfer

Photo by Mya Polsdorfer

By Mya Polsdorfer, Managing Editor

Toledo is full of lights, music, and interactive experiences during the monthly Art Loop, a creative community art experience which features local artists and spaces. This event is an opportunity for networking and talking with local artists and learning more about their work.

Local Painters Michelle Arnold Paine and Martha Guastad held an exhibit at 20 North Gallery and Venue in Downtown Toledo.

Paine creates work with a deeper emotional connection, an appreciation for life, and also having faith of a higher Divine. Paine stated her inspiration is rooted with a “sense of self with the rise and fall of human life demonstrated through light and shadows.”

In the painting featured, she had a vision of the Virgin Mary in mind, and she reflects on the experience Mary may have gone through when told she would bare a son.

Photo by Mya Polsdorfer
Michelle Arnold Paine and her featured paintings

Martha Guastad started her path of painting from curiosity by taking classes at BGSU. She creates work with a narrative, and in the painting featured, she discussed how she was able to capture the sense of cold in the winter scene. Through her paintings, her viewers bring interesting conversations and views that she greatly enjoys discussing.

Th Art Loop is an experience that can be useful to students by talking with established  artists and gaining insight.