MENU

Life after Owens

Back to Article
Back to Article

Life after Owens

Owens Community College student Kathleen Clink speaks with a representative from The University of Toledo at the Transfer Fair

By Brandon Selders, Photojournalist

Look out world, the students are taking charge with their future.

Owens Community College students gathered for the Transfer Fair at Heritage Hall on March 26 to consider a life after Owens.

Thirty-Five representatives of different colleges, each from one of four different states, gathered together in one room for the Job Fair, offering information and conversation for students that are considering furthering their education after finishing their time at Owens. The Job Fair had representatives from schools such as The University of Toledo, Bowling Green State University, Tiffin University, and more.

Around the building, students could follow signs that would take them directly to the Transfer Fair. Before entering, students were greeted by smiling Owens staff members. They briefly explained the importance of the Transfer Fair (they also mentioned free food if a student visited three or more booths on a list of every booth present). As soon as the explanation was finished, students entered the room that the Transfer Fair was being held in.

The room was bustling with activity as students and college representatives went about their business. Students were getting the best out of the experience as they spoke deeply with the representatives of the colleges they were interested in attending in the future.

Men and women of all ages attended the Transfer Fair, making a great turnout for the event. While students mingled with the representatives of different colleges, the staff responsible for the fair was busy keeping everything together. Denise Grupp-Verbon watched over the entire event to ensure that the Transfer Fair went well while Leanne Huckaby directed her attention to the needs of the representatives.

Many students and faculty were involved to make the Transfer Fair possible. Hopefully everyone involved benefit from the experience and will attend the next Transfer Fair in the future.

With so many representatives from different colleges, the fair can be very beneficial to students that want to further their education.

Owens Community College works to assure that students have that chance to go farther in life and create a better future for everyone.